I’m delighted to be able to share the news that Bill Bowden Event Logistics has been accepted as a member of the Event Supplier & Services Association (ESSA), the industry body for excellence in exhibition contractor services.
Joining ESSA is not simply a case of paying a fee and being welcomed into the fold.
ESSA has more than 240 members specialising in supplying services and goods to the event industry. Each one goes through a rigorous vetting and approval process to be accepted.
The application process requires references from clients and an existing ESSA member. Current members have the opportunity to object, and a condition of membership is a commitment to sign up to ESSA’s Quality Service Charter.
So, as I say, it’s no free pass.
But ESSA’s strict standards mean our clients can be sure that:
1. All work or services will be carried out to an agreed specification and time-scale.
2. All work will be explained, costed and agreed.
3. All materials used will meet with the required Industry Standards.
4. Health & Safety and environmental issues will have a high priority in every aspect of
5. We will only use workers who are experienced and competent to fulfil
6. All enquiries will be dealt with efficiently and courteously.
7. Company insurance details will be available upon request.
On its website, ESSA states, “these assurances coupled with the ESSA vetting process and ongoing stability checks, ESSA’s Bond Insurance and continual promotion of professional development set ESSA members apart from other suppliers and service providers to the events industry. The ESSA Quality Charter is a statement of the minimum level of service and commitment that you will receive from all ESSA members.”
In short, it means you can buy with confidence.
And what is more, membership means our staff get a discount card to get a quid off a cup of coffee at the NEC and the Business Design Centre.
Well, you have to take your benefits where you can find them!